Monday, October 11, 2010

Non Violence.

When I was a little girl, I did not understand the true meaning of non-violence. I use to believe in 'Tit for Tat' policy, I always felt that to get you message across one had to opt for violence (but more like verbal violence). While growing up and watching all the movies, I strongly believed that to conquer evil with good one had to fight back, all the action heros would often indulge themselves in a fist fight.

So, when I learnt about Gandhi ji's philosophy on non-violence, I did not understand. For the longest period of time I believed that what he did was unnecessary and that he probably was not 'Man enough'. As I started growing up, I started to understand what he meant. I realised that no battle big or small can be won through violence, it will only make things worse. I learnt that people only make a fool of themselves when they are not in control of their temper and it takes far much more courage to stay calm. Hats off to the Great Man that he was for encouraging and teaching the world about non-violence. Peace thought out the world is only thing essential for Mankind. I wish another Gandhi ji is born because the world needs a new hope and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment