Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Conversation with a Ghost.

All incidents and characters in this blog are fictitious, and resemblance to any incident or character is solely unintentional.

Last night when I was sleeping, I saw a ghost, like the one you see in movies such as The Grudge. I couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl, black or white tall or really short but obviously it wasn't very pretty. It wasn't doing anything particularly, just standing next to my bed and staring at me., which was very creepy.  Not knowing if it was real or a figment of my imagination, I just closed my eyes and went to sleep. The moment I closed my eyes, I felt a cold hand grab my nape. Completely aware that it could have only been that ghost I turned around and asked him, "What the hell are you doing...are you going to eat me", to which the ghost replied, "Yes". Accepting my fate as it came, I waited for it to kill me and eat me but the ghost just stared at me. I asked it what happened and it told me that it actually was a vegetarian and was new to this ghost business. So, I asked it about the plan of action and it said, that it just thought of scaring me a bit because that is what it had seen in the movies when  it was actually alive.
Not aware of the protocol here I woke up and got out of bed (I didn't want to disturb my husband), so I told it to quietly  follow me in the kitchen and it did, since, it had told me it had a preference  for vegetarian food, I fixed it a glass of milk and gave him some cake. It ate very fast and I was actually surprised that the food didn't fall of from its body considering it seemed like a foggy image in the air. So the following conversation took place:
Me: "So how long have you been a ghost?"
Ghost: "Umm...i guess two or three days".
Me: "You went to hell? Did you meet Satan...is he as bad as they show"
Ghost: "Why would you ask me if I went to hell and not heaven?"
Me: "well...you know...because you don't look so good."
Ghost: "Its the way I died so, I remained like this I guess."
Me: "you guess? what do you mean you guess, you didn't meet God or the Devil? you didn't see the tunnel of light?"
Ghost: "no, I just woke up and realised that I was dead".
Me: "How did your body die?"
Ghost: "oh! a car crash...drink driving".
Me: "hmm...no wonder you look like this...hey! can I ask you, please don't be offended...are you a girl ghost or a boy ghost?"
Ghost: "can't you tell? I am a boy ghost."
Me: "Oh ok. Do you think you can have a bath and look a bit better?"
Ghost: "I tried but it didn't work".
Me: "So, what are you going to do now, now that I am not scared and all".
Ghost: "I don't know".
Silence...
Me: "hey listen, I am bit sleepy, so, I guess I am gonna go back to sleep, you can stay ok, just chill out, watch some t.v help yourself to anything you want to eat ok, if you want you can use the couch to sleep on ok, just as long as the you promise not to get any blood on the couch, it fairly new".
Ghost: "Gee thanks! what movies do you have, don't worry about blood it doesn't come off".
Me: "what kind of movies do you want to watch? I have some romantic comedy,  action movies, war, thriller, mysteries and some horror".
Ghost: "Do you have that movie called the Paranormal activity? I didn't get to watch it when I was alive.
Me: "ya...sure, maybe you can pick up some tips from there, how to scare people, I mean that movie scared the hell out of me".
Ghost: "how can a movie scare you and not I, a real life ghost...what the hell, I suck at being a ghost".
Me: "no you scared me, really. Anyway, see you later am going to sleep now. Keep it down ok...thanks"
Ghost: "thanks".
So, I went back to sleep again, when my husband woke up the next day the television was still on, he asked me if I left it on and I told him it was a ghost. He didn't believe me but because he already thinks I am a bit weird he left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment