Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Religion.

Now lets talk about something else today, so, I was sitting and watching this Youtube video of a man who tore a page out of Bible and Quran each, to see which burns faster as a joint or cigarette (I couldn't tell). I agree that it was just a book but I did not see a point for going to such an extreme to prove his point. I am not very religious or God fearing either but I do respect other people's emotions and just because I don't believe in something, doesn't mean that others don't care either. It is like what my Mother-In-Law once said, "religion is like a photograph of a loved one, just a piece of paper and yet if somebody stamps on it with their foot, one does get offended" and I agree, as I watched that video, I felt a bit offended myself, not because he burnt pages out of holy books but because he did not care enough to respect other people. Anyway, he chose to do what he did, maybe, he was desperate to prove his point that religion is above materialism.

Speaking of which, I don't understand one thing about religion, we fight, we argue, we kill, we die on the name of religion, when all religions say or preach just one thing 'love all living beings'. I would like to see which Quran, Gita, Bible or any other religious books claims that they are better than the rest or that we should follow one and not the other. If that is what one claims then, I can only say that either they have been tampered by us humans for our own selfish purpose or they are not worth following. God is a faith to hold onto an inner will to keep you going when you have no hope left. Giving names to him, dividing him through colour, caste, creed hardly seems fair. Are we so naive to see that we humans created religion, I refuse to believe that Christ or Krishna came to earth and said, "oh you human beings, I declare that from now onward, there will be a religion called Christianity or hinduism and we would like you to follow us". I mean seriously, are we ready to compromise logic over blind faith? Try to pick good values, learn to differentiate between right and wrong, understand that we all are living creature, evolved through the same substance, this earth is as much yours as mine, stop wasting time with which is better or worse, one can never be happy unless we truly love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment