Monday, August 23, 2010

Cushions.

Last sunday or was it saturday, I don't know my memory is failing me sorry, my husband and I went shopping. It was beautiful morning, sun was shining, birds chirping, wind blowing in my hair. Now, we were just looking around to buy nothing basically but as we walked aisle to aisle, holding hands...smiling, whispering those sweet nothing (who am I kidding...that never happens) my eyes fell on these beautiful cushions. I left my husband's hand and ran towards them (in slow motion...very movie like) it was love at first sight after all. I stared at them, picked one up, hugged it, caressed it gently as if it were a child. My husband followed me scratching his head, picked one up, put it against the back of his head (probably even imagined laying his head on it) and kept it back. Then all the following happened (the unspeakable):
Me: "oh my god! these are so beautiful, they will match perfectly with our couch"
My husband: "hmm..." 
Me: "So can we buy em"
My husband: "Nope"
Me: "but why...you just said that these are beautiful"
My husband: "but they are not comfortable...besides, we already have cushions"
Me: "You mean those ugly cushions I bought five years back from the reject store, which have pillow covers on them?"
My husband: "hey you bought them...and like you got bored of them, you will get bored of these too"
Me: "no...I won't...I love these"
My husband: "LOVE...YOU GIRLS LOVE EVERYTHING....CLOTHES, SHOES, FOOD, TREES....SHOPS...EVERYTHING...IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DON'T LOVE"
Me: "So are we buying the cushions"
My husband: "Nope, cushions are useless, they are never comfortable, frankly I would rather use a pillow than a cushion, you can't sleep on it, you can't sit with a cushion...honestly tell me how many people do you see who actually use cushions while sitting? they always put either on their lap, like you, or beside them..."
Me: "You know everyones house looks so pretty, ours looks like a barack for army personals...although am sure even they are better than our house"
My husband: "other people are stupid and not practical. And you think that by adding these cushions our house would look beautiful..."
Me: " Yes...well not completely, we would also need a few table lamps, a coffee table, a few side tables and some artefacts plus oh a new carpet..."
My husband: "whats wrong with the carpet we already have...personally I don't see why we need a carpet either, it comes in your way while walking, gets dirty if you walk on it and then you have to clean it which we could have avoided by not buying it at the first place"
Me: "So now you have a problem with carpets as well...and we are not buying the cushions are we?"
My husband: "yes I have a problem with carpets and we are definitely NOT buying these cushions"
Me: "you don't love me anymore..."
My husband: "What? which love are we talking about now? your love for shoes kind of love? or love love or love as in what...what is love anyway?...BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!"

So, we did not buy the cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment