Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Freedom!

Today I did what I thought was not possible. I finally resigned from my monotonous job. The manager was not happy about it, but I guess I no longer care about what he thinks.
So, this is what freedom actually feels like...I can almost taste it now. Noticed the 'almost'...well I gave him a notice of thirty days, I thought why not leave at good terms (not that its ever going to happen)
Anyway, thats not the point...I feel light and free today. Like a whole new world of opportunities has opened today. I even forced my husband to get me a canvas and like I said I did start painting. Thoughts had lost their way to my mind, Ideas refused to enter and I found myself blank like my canvas which lay just outside my bedroom door. I stared at my canvas it stared back, went back to my bedroom came out and it was still staring at me, went back again, played WII...lost. Peeped outside my bedroom door to see if it was still there (canvas)...it was, I had to do something. So, I found my brushes which were now lying somewhere in a corner sad and neglected. I hunted for paints which fell off from the box, each falling in different direction like they all had conspired to punish me for ignoring them for four years, I collected them all and finally sat down to paint, but paint what?
Suddenly out of nowhere it rained and I knew what I had to do, ideas poured like rain and I started painting again and my new journey has finally started. I have to admit I am a bit rusty right now, I am not able to paint the way I used to four years back but I will come around. After all "practice makes a man/woman perfect."

PS: I did dance today while walking towards my train station...don't ask what happened next. (Hint: lets just say people think I am crazy).

No comments:

Post a Comment