Saturday, April 24, 2010

Relationships are hard work.

In our day to day lives we put in so much of time and effort to make our relationships work but wouldn't it be easier if we keep our expectations aside and leave the ego behind. It is easier said than done. Sometimes, even after putting in all your efforts and all your energy they still don't work. Why is that? answer is simple men and women are two different species, who speak different languages. Men think rationally and women...well we women think from our hearts. Most of the times something is lost in translation. I will be impartial here. Its not boys fault or a girls. Its the individuals who do wrong things.
I was once in an abusive relationship and as much as I tried I kept going back to him. He was not a bad person per se...but he would often get jealous to see me sitting with any guy, he would hit me sometimes if I were talking to some guy, I was not allowed to wear certain kind if clothes, but most of all he would insult me in front of my friends and never took a stand for me. That left me with a very low self esteem. He kept asking me for more and I kept giving in, thinking that the more I give in to his petty demands the happier our relationship would be. I tried and pushed myself to the limits. Even though I did everything right, I found myself gradually resenting him day by day. Until one day I decided I could not take it anymore and said to myself ' thats it'. I broke up with him and even though he tried everything in his power to get me back, I had had enough. I moved on but now he hated me. He told me I was not good enough for anyone, I did not deserve anyone and then to make things worse he started calling my friends and saying really bad things about me. Started spreading rumours and tried to hurt me in every possible manner he could. My friends tried to get us back together but I was determined not to go back to him. There is only as much as one can take. I turned a deaf ear to everyone because they did not know or understand what I had been through. I moved on in life and eventually fell in love again with a wonderful man who is now my husband we have been love for 10 years now (touch wood) we have our differences time to time but we come around...always. When I look at him I know I did the right thing by leaving my ex boyfriend. Sometimes in life you have to move on to find happiness. Sometimes you have to come out of your comfort zone to be  able to find your self esteem. You deserve better. Everyone deserves to be loved and cared for and if you look closely that person could be right in front of your eyes or sitting right next to you.
This is for my sweet angel, who deserves much better, you have beautiful soul and any guy would be lucky to have you. Don't sit around sum up some courage because no one is worth spending your whole life under stress and frustration. You have to realise you self worth and you will find happiness is right there in front of you, you just have to reach out and grab it.

No comments:

Post a Comment