Monday, April 19, 2010

What If?

Every morning I wake up, I think I will do this, I will do that...What if today I do everything that I want to do. What if today I wake up and decide that I don't want to go for work and I don't actually show up for work without any phone call without informing my work place. I will in all probability get fired, and so what if I do?
What if I just smile the whole day today without any reason even if I am sad. What if I do exactly what my non rational part of my brain tells me to do. What if I start dancing in the train or scream in the library...people will judge me right? That is the worst that will happen but at least I will have one day to look back and think that I did I wanted to do and I didn't care about any rules, regulations or manners. Today I will paint, I will go for a walk, I will dance, Today I will smile at everyone I see (even if they think its creepy) today and maybe tomorrow I will do every thing that my heart tells me to. For once I will break the chains of obligations, responsibilities everything that holds me back and feel free. I will let people judge me, I will let them stare at me because what the hell in my heart I know that somewhere they want to do the same.
So, I have decided I am going to resign, I know my manager will not be happy with it. I know that probably the next few months would be hard on me (financially) but I have been wanting to this for a very long time. For two years and six months I have worked as a waitress (Well not even that a commi or food runner) and I am sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over again. I know my job so well that I can do it with my eyes closes. I was very good at painting and I will go back to that even if it means struggle everyday. So, today I am not going to ask me this question 'What if I resign today, that I have been asking myself from past six month...I am going to do it'. And all the rest What ifs...well lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment