Monday, April 26, 2010

The perfect Man!

Have you noticed that The Cinderella story, The sleeping beauty, Pride and prejudice, Twilight etc all these books and movies are all fantasies? Now think about it and honestly tell me how many of you have formed a picture of a perfect guy based on these books. My guess almost all of us. 
While growing up my definition of a perfect man was Mr. Darcy. Somehow, I believed that there was some Darcy for me out there. Who is perfect in every manner. Who was strong and yet vulnerable, who knew what he was doing, who would take charge of situation and get me out of my troubles. No matter who your fantasy guy is he will never be a real life person. The thing about us women is that we live in a fantasy world. We watch movies and read books and build up our own dreamworld, that not everyone of us can have. I mean think about it, most of the characters are rich guys, kings, lords, even vampires. They have all the power and money so they don't have to work and thus are left with plenty of time to plan a romantic evening or think about love all the time. But think about those guys who everyday wake up to make the ends meet, who have to work 9-5 everyday or more, who have to worry about the rent, the bills the children. Can they actually afford to be as romantic as Mr Darcy or Edward from twilight. I mean seriously, Edward does not work, he has just been wasting time going to school over and over again for years or even centuries if I am not wrong. So of course, he has all the time in the world to take Bella on an adventure, or spend as much time as he wants with her, he for some reason does not seem to be interested in television which leaves me with a question does he listen to the news? how aware is he about the current affairs. He could get a job even if he looks young but he seems to be just comfortable doing nothing.

 My point is that we women expect so much out of our husbands, boyfriends that we forget how hard they work and how stressed they must get to actually plan something special and we all can agree that when we talk about special we want exorbitant special. We are so engulfed by these movies where everything is so perfect and romantic, where even the imperfect is perfect that we forget to notice small gesture that our partners do for us, like I just came back from work and my sweet husband had already washed all the dishes for me, like he actually listens to me and remembers everyones names that I mentioned, every morning we wake up he would listen to my blog patiently, and when we sleep he would always reach out to me. These are few, very small things that one might overlook thanks to the big fantasies that various impractical authors have weaved for us. Sometimes, I feel that men are such simple creatures and if we give them a chance then all our partners can be perfect in every way and all of us can have a perfect fairytale ending. Sure, there are men that you just don't get along with but don't have a checklist, or a fantasy in your head, have an open mind and who knows you might meet your Darcy someday like I met mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment