Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

When someone wrote this book, Men are from Mars and women are from Venus he wasn't kidding, he knew exactly what he was saying.
Women and men are from two different planets. Women want one thing and men want exactly the opposite. Women want relationship, commitment, love and marriage. Men on the other hand...well we all know what they want, they want no commitments, no marriage and definitely not any relationships involving love for too long.
This I learn everyday. Every morning my husband and I wake up and the battle starts. He says one thing...I do another, I say something and he doesn't agree. I want parathas for breakfast, he was thinking eggs. I want to watch romantic comedy and he want to watch action thriller. I am messy and he is way too organised. I am never late for any appointments whereas, he can never be on time. I spend money like water leaking from a tap, he is overly cautious. I am patient and he is not. I am a non stop chatter box and he is the strong and silent types. We argue over the remote, computer, which side who is going to sleep in, what to wear...what not wear, which toothpaste we should buy, which cooking oil is better, if Ron Paul is better or Obama. But the thing is no matter how annoying it is to keep arguing over such petty issues, these are the things that keep us going, it is actually our thing. We both like different things and yet we seem to just fit together. We both can't stand each other one minute but can't stay away for a second either. If you ask me, 'what I have common with my husband' I guess, I would say nothing but love. Love actually breaks all the barriers and binds two individuals together in such a way, that such differences don't mean a thing. Yes, men and women are very different from each other, but I guess we cannot stay without each other. Before I got married, I always doubted whether or not he will get married to me or not. If I would make a good wife, if we would be happy together or not, as time passed by, we learnt to live with each other, in fact the things that I hate the most about him are the things that I admire the most about him too. Ironic isn't it. I am guessing I am not the only one who feels like that. I love my husband, I couldn't have been happier (touchwood). In-spite of all the differences, we love each other, we find our ways around...we compromise happily, so, instead of romantic comedy or action thriller, we settle for horror movies, we take turns on either sides of the bed, I make parathas for myself and eggs for him, if I mess up the house he helps me clean it. I once heard somebody say, " Marriage is an ugly compromise" I completely disagree. Marriage is a beautiful compramise and no matter how much all the men disagree, in their hearts they know the truth even they can't do without us, just like we can't without them.

3 comments:

  1. Marriage is all about understanding;not adjustments.And love is unconditional.There are no ifs and buts in it.Man and woman compliment each other like words and meanings(Vagardha in Sanskrit)Of what use are words when meanings are taken out of them.But ofcourse marital bliss cannot be attained without minor bickerings.Each altercation will make the bond stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Uncle,
    What you have said in these few lines sums up everything that I have tried to say in my blog only your words are better and more powerful. Thank you for all the comments you leave. It really encourages me and I look forward to hearing from you soon and also meeting you sometime.
    Nannhu Kutty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I get an occasion to show you the letters Vijay wrote to me before and after marriage.If only I could retrieve the file from my archives.I was a hardcore bachelor.It will be interesting to know how I changed my mind.We will save that for now.Your diction and cadence remind me so much of Vijay.My tip for both of you:You exist in each other as the male and female counterpart,but the entity is one,and that is the supreme one.

    ReplyDelete