Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our superficial world.

How real are we?
There are two kinds of human beings that I cannot stand; Superficial and fake human beings. I have categorised them in two different kinds; the people who are superficial inside out, creating an image of themselves that is not theirs, their whole existence revolves around living upto an idea that they think they are or should be, such as creating a fake image, using fake products, fake everything and thing about these people is they are so out of sync with their own true selves that they do not realise everyone knows how evident it is...they don't make an effort to be less or more fake, and I feel they are just in-denial. And then there are the second kinds, they seem morally genuine. These are the people who will effortlessly fool you into believing that they have your best interest in mind thereby gaining your complete trust and leaving you open for manipulation in the future. They will go around, pretending to be the nicest people on your face and then behind your back they will stab you ruthlessly, they will use your secrets to undress you in public, they will plan meticulously to make you look like an idiot. Yet, you will never know how clever these people are or what goes on in their minds, unless you find yourself a victim of these malicious people.

They say ' we perceive the world as we perceive ourselves'  that is we see the world as we are, if you are an honest person you will never think that anyone can cheat you, if you are a cheat you will never trust anyone. I think of myself as one of the honest people (most of the times or probably I could be fooling myself), I say what I feel and I usually say whats in my heart. That is how I see other people as well without realising that we live in a superficial and pretentious world. Nothing is as it seems. I have had numerous opportunities to learn from my share of betrayals  but I haven't, only because I can't tell who is a friend or a foe disguised as a friend, because I am too trusting.

I made a friend recently, initially when I met her I was intimidated by her, she is mature yet blunt, very on the face yet polite. I am just surprised that it took me so many years to actually think of her as a friend partially because I always felt threatened by her but one thing that always made me respect her was her honesty which I realised one day at one of the christmas parties at her house. One guy who happened to be our bosses friend started misbehaving with one of the girls in the presence of our manager. While our manager just smiled and did nothing but enjoyed the show, this girl stood up in front of everyone and told the boss to ask his friend to leave. She argued and argued, she stood up for what was right. A lot of people on the other hand would have just pretended to be minding their own business considering he is the bosses friend, a lot of people no matter how much they hate their jobs or their boss will go to extremes to be on their good side (even unscrupulously). Why do most of us pretend to be someone we are not, why wear this mask of niceness about us, why not just let this superficial skin fall off and let people see our true selves are we so afraid of what we are?. How long can we put up with this facade? one day or the other it will slip off without us realising it and that would be the day when we would be standing naked  and all alone.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you think that people are different and we have to accept them as they are.That will solve the problem of waiting people to change.

    Saras uncle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. I am someone who generally takes people on their face value and by what they say. I believe most us of do this. But its hurtful when situations change, people also very conveniently change and go back on their words.

    ReplyDelete