Friday, May 7, 2010

You can't fire me I quit!

So, you know how they show in the movies, that an employee and his employer have a fight and the employer screams out loud, "YOU ARE FIRED" and the employee screams back, "YOU CAN"T FIRE ME, I QUIT"
That had been my dream situation to be in...I would storm out of the office or something and have a control over my life (dream big Ankita...dream big) and no one decides anything for me but if you look at it closely, what else can I say. If you have any self respect like I do that is the best comeback, I mean what other options do we have.
Remember how I told you about the secret meeting against our bald boss...and how I tried to give him my piece of my mind. WHAT WAS I THINKING....This is what I was thinking when I went to speak with him.

Me: Maurizio, you are not a very good manager.
Maurizio: Why would you say that, what have I done? :(
Me: You are not a patient listener, you boss too much, you don't work, you pick on us too much, and I haven't gotten a raise or promotion in 2 years and 6 months.
Maurizio: Oh Ankita, I am so sorry that I caused all of you so much pain, I didn't know I was being bossy and picky, how much raise would you like? Would you like me to promote you.

 Where as, this whole conversation went something like this.

Me: Maurizio, you don't listen to us, you didn't promote me, I haven't gotten a raise in 2 years and 6 months.
Maurizio: (typing on his computer) SO?
Me: So, what are you gonna do about it? You are a bad manager.
Maurizio: You are not good enough either and you don't deserve a raise either or promotion.
(ooouch that hurt)
Me: ( frustrated and angry) You are mean and bossy, lazy and don't help us one bit when it gets busy.
Maurizio: YOU ARE FIRED.
Me: YOU DON'T FIRE ME I...
The door slams on my face before I could finish my sentence.

Wow! It was just not what I expected...things sure looked better in my head. So, instead of me leaving by the end of this month, I have already been fired...correction...I QUIT!

2 comments:

  1. pretty interesting!makes a good plot for a skit or movie.The whole lot working class will have a hearty laugh.Put yourself in Mauruzio's chair and him in your place and imagine the fun.The writer in you is showing out.Keep it up!

    Saras

    ReplyDelete