Sunday, May 9, 2010

There is always someone watching.

Yesterday, was a beautiful sunny day and after a lot of rain and chilly days, it was a nice change. I caught up with my friends  from work. Had a nice lunch and coffee in sun. Talked endlessly on random subjects...nothing important just irrelevant stuff which all of us found very relevant at that time. It is always nice to catch up with your girlfriends and do what girls do (ya keep guessing, you boys... what do we girls do when we are together).
After six or seven hours, I left them at work and was on my way to catch my train. I had to wait for half an hour before my train finally arrived. Honestly, I don't see any difference between Connex trains and metro trains they are just the same and are still always late or more.
Anyway, relieved the train has arrived I found a seat next to the window like I always do, started my usual business of staring at nothing. Just then this beautiful blond girl came and sat right in front of me. Everything, about this girl seemed perfect. Her hair were done beautifully, not one hair here or there. Her make up was flawless. Her nails perfectly manicured and trimmed. Her clothes, so perfectly ironed that one would believe that she didn't even sit anywhere the whole day...not one crinkle. She was carrying a folder which seemed perfectly organised, with all the labels and posted. She held a water bottle that read I am not plastic. Which gave me an impression that she cared about the environment. She made a few calls while on train and used her organiser to make sure that she is able to fit in every appointment carefully. We had crossed a few stations and she took out a bag of low fat grain wave chips. She munched on them and kept wiping her hands with a tissue. I was really starting to get impressed by her, until, she made one tiny mistake. As she got up to leave the train, she left the empty bag of chips on her seat. I kept waiting for her to comeback and take it along, to throw it in the bin (after all the government has installed bins for a reason) but she didn't. No matter how hard she tried to keep herself clean,  her life organised or buy non plastic bottles, she left the world in a mess. I realised that she didn't actually care about the environment and least about others who will have to go through the trouble of throwing the plastic for her. When I got up, all I could do was shrug my shoulders and pick her empty plastic bag to throw it away. A lady next to me saw that and smiling said, "sweetheart thank you". Not knowing what she thanked me for I looked at her blankly, she just pointed at the bag of chips. I then realised that there is always someone watching us.

2 comments:

  1. IIf we can be as responsible to our environment as we are to our own homes and our own selves,this world certainly will be a beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you Uncle. It doesn't take much effort or time to throw a bag of chips or a can of coke in a dustbin but it will make a world of difference to our planet.

    ReplyDelete