Sunday, May 16, 2010

A poem I once wrote for my father.

As I wrapped my small hands around his finger
and stopped after a one step just to linger,
over too many questions or two
He would just patiently answer them few

As i jumped from rock on to sand
he was there with his protective hands.
He watched me grow with love in his eyes
smiled with me in every smile.

As I grew a little older
He was there as my strongest shoulder.
Every drop of tear that cried
he would release the saddest sigh.

The sleepless nights when I had high fever
he worked every bit  to stop me from shiver.
Every dream of mine he fulfilled
even if in return his were killed.

walked me through every walk of life
held me close when the dangers were high
everytime that i spent alone
only care love he had shown.

life always seemed so unfair
but he was always there just to share.
silently crying on my bed as i lay
those feeling and words that he would never say.

now I am married and far away I went
his blessings and love he always sent.
when things just seems to be harder
I will be there were the words of my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment